Happy New Year from all the McLean Animal Hospital Team! We hope everyone’s still on track with their New Year’s resolutions but thought some furry family members might need help with theirs. We’ve come up with a list of 6 resolutions for your pet(s) to help them be the best version of themselves in 2019:
- Extend walks by 10 minutes on good weather days.
- Increase teeth brushing! Remember this should be an everyday activity for you and your pet.
- Set a reminder in your calendar to assess your pet’s appearance once a week. At that time check ear, fur, and nail condition, and then call to make the appropriate appointment.
- Help your pet eat healthy amounts by using a measuring cup and following feeding recommendations from your veterinarian.
- Budget for the year. Take a look at last year’s pet expenses and set funds aside. Try to be prepared for accidents or illnesses.
- Spend more time with your pet! Make playdates at the dog park or plan time for extra cuddles on the couch. Both of you will benefit from increased time together.
Written by: Emily Lim, RVT