We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I graduated from Georgian College in 2013 and have been working as an RVT ever since. I have loved animals all my life and knew from a young age I wanted to work in the veterinary industry. I have had many pets over the years and they inspired me to work in the veterinary industry. When I was in 8th grade, my cat Peaches was diagnosed with cancer and passed away. I knew from that point on that I wanted to work in this industry and help to save other pets lives.
I currently have a dog named Kodiak and 7 cats. I enjoy cuddling with my cats, going for walks with my dog, and reading on my free time. I joined the Mclean Animal Hospital team in November 2018. I decided to become part of this team because everyone has been so welcoming since the day I met them and made me feel like part of the team right away.
I find dentistry to be the most interesting area that I get to work in. I love doing dental X-rays and get satisfaction from seeing the dental cleaning process from start to finish. The thing I love most about my job is helping animals. It is always so satisfying to know that you were able to take part in making a difference in a pets life or knowing that you played a part in assisting someone’s pet make it through an injury or illness.
My favourite thing about the clinic is the wonderful people I get to work with. Everyone is so welcoming and have such a love for every pet that comes into our workplace. Everyone treats each other as they are family and gets along so well.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 416-752-5114. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. We are also no longer taking grooming appointments as of Monday, March 30, until further notice.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Thursday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Friday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 7-10 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.